Sunday, February 8, 2009

"Our love fern! You let it die!".......How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days


Matthew McConaughey.....need I say more? Probably not but for those who came to my blog expecting a little more on the movie I will. Kate Hudson also stars in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and the chemistry between Matthew and Kate allows for the audience to be drawn into to the movie.

An advertising executive Ben (played by Matthew McConaughey) makes a bet that he can get any women to fall in love with him. The woman chosen for this bet is Andie (played by Kate Hudson), a "How to" writer who decides to write a column on How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days. Her subject? Ben. Both characters do not realize they are a subject of each others test or challenge, making for a seriously funny movie.

At first I was not sure if I should include this movie in the list of "chick flicks" but after thinking about why it would be and seeing it on the Yahoo List, I decided it definitely should be included. It fits the requirements of a "chick flick" because it has a powerful female protagonist who does what she wants, a relationship in trouble/challenged and then over come, and of course, a cute male hero.

Interested to know some of the ways to lose a guy in 10 days, according to Andie? Without giving too much of the movie away, some of her ideas are to mark your territory (put feminine products in his bathroom), plan your future, and drop in on his boys night.

This is a movie women can enjoy and one that may be easy to get your man to watch. It is not your average sappy, all romantic, "chick flick." The film is very funny that does not make the love story its main or only focus. It has jokes that both men and women will laugh at, not just inside jokes for one sex or the other.

So, as always. I suggest you watch the trailer and then go and watch the movie!

2 comments:

  1. You read my mind. I'm just about to post on this movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just out of curiosity I was wondering why it's 10 things, possibly because its an even number, but why not 20? I found this amusing too that The number 10 appears again in another chick flick movie which you also wrote about called "10 things I hate about you."

    Besides my question about the number, which I do not think matters much, I really enjoyed watching this movie. I found it very entertaining. I also agree with you, it is definitely a "chick Flick." One that will make you laugh, cry, and laugh again.

    I have to say this, Matthew McConaughey is gorgeous in this movie!!! Both actors Kate Hudson and Matthew Mconaughey did a great job acting together. They were real cute in the movie as couples and did an awesome job portraying their love and hate for each other.

    This is a movie I have to add to my DVD collection:)

    Great Blog !

    ReplyDelete