Friday, January 16, 2009

Introducing......


I guess it would make sense to write an introductory post first, much like a movie would introduce the main characters in the opening. As can be seen, I already posted a review of Twilight. I was too excited to explore the many "chick flick" movies out there and forgot to introduce my blog to the world, or more likely just those people from Advanced Composition. So here it is: Drama Queen, a blog about some of the best movies made for women, or "chick flicks"

I decided to write my blog on "chick flicks" because I think its a genre that is overlooked, especially by the men in the world. As soon as a film is labeled a "chick flick" it seems a lot of guys, maybe not all, automatically steer clear of it. Yes I will admit there are some that I can almost guarantee guys will not like because really, its just inevitable. However, I believe that most of the movies I will be discussing are films guys can enjoy too.

So what is a "chick flick?" I am not going to spend time defining what the term means because I am going to assume that most people already know. I did, however, find a rather amusing definition written by a man, "dietdoc," that is worth reviewing. One of the main points he makes is that these movies are about relationships.

Drama Queen is a blog that is going to look at any new "chick flick" movies that are released, but mostly I will review some of the best from the past. At first I wasn't sure how I was going to decide which movies were actually considered the best, but I found that Yahoo conducted a "chick flick" survey. The films on the list will be the basis for my reviews, although no particular order will be followed.

Anyways, I hope that everyone enjoys Drama Queen. You never know, maybe it will inspire you to go out and rent some of the movies I will talk about.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Drama Queen,
    Only a few nights ago my boy friend and I returned to my house after going to see the new Underworld movie, which had a great love story by the way, but is definitely not a chick flick. Not the point. When we got back to my house my father was in one room watching Rambo and my mother in another watching The Notebook, I somehow migrated to sit with my mother while my boyfriend sat in the other room with my father. Thought that might help your 'guys...automatically steer clear of it' theory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. Yeah it definitely does, for some reason they automatically decide not to watch a movie that has been stamped a chick flick. Even if they do not know what the movie is actually about. Might have to explore that a little more.

    ReplyDelete