Saturday, January 10, 2009

In love with a Vampire.....

Everyone has heard something about Twilight and if you haven't, you probably need to emerge out from under your rock. Whether you have actually read the books, seen the movie or heard discussions, it's basically impossible not to know about Bella and her immortal love Edward. The Twilight Saga has grown to four books, incredible amounts of merchandise, and most importantly, a movie.

what's better than a vampire searching for the love of his life (for lack of a better word) for 117 years, and it turning out to be a 17 year old human? Nothing! They say opposites attract, and apparently this is the same for an undead vampire and a human. The story of Edward and Bella's forbidden love is an amazing tale for any romantic, especially for us women. That is not to say that you gentlemen can't love.... love is a strong word, enjoy watching Twilight. There is a battle between good and evil with lots of blood and a few deaths. Okay, it's one death and not that much blood, but still it's about vampires....enough said. So yes Twilight is a chick flick that will have you laughing, smiling, and sighing along with the movie, but there are also some good special affects (for their budget range), fun music, and action packed scenes.

For those who have already seen and loved Twilight, myself included, you have to be excited for the estimated seven million dollars it made just on the Thursday midnight release, and an estimated seventy million on its opening weekend (more information). Twilight has moved into position 14 for highest opening day revenues, allowing the second installment of the Twilight Saga, New Moon to start filming. For those who have not seen it, I suggest that you go, and those who did not like it.....well maybe the romantic movies are not for you.

3 comments:

  1. Lacey, I also watched Twilight and what an amazing movie. I must say though that I enjoyed reading the books a lot more then watching the movie, but the movie is definitely a must see!

    Your blog for this movie makes me want to watch Twilight again and again.

    One thing I noticed when I watched this movie in theaters was how crazy all the girls, ahem including myself and possibly you too were "in love" with Edward Cullens. As soon as his face appeared on the big screen there was many whistles and screams for this good looking and sweet vampire...Chick flick ? I believe so :D

    While reading Twilight, the way I had pictured all the characters was the exact way the movie portrayed them to be . I thought that was phenomenal .

    You are right about the movie being a chick flick. This is definitely a movie to watch if your craving a little bit of romance .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the books are better. I thought the movie did a great job with sticking to the books though, and your right they did an amazing job with portraying the characters correctly.

    I went to the advanced screening and yes there were crazy amounts of screaming girls. As soon as Edward came on screen the entire theater was screaming. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the movie! I thought if they were to exactly the book then they were essentially defeating the entire purpose of making a movie.
    The pacing of the movie was also well done I didn't not want to watch one second. It also helped that they had a very attractive cast--- Hello Edward :)

    I just want more... now. Is it new moon yet?

    ReplyDelete